Stafford Prison and Gaol Road

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1951

Description:The outer wall and twin towers of Stafford Gaol, which were demolished in 1952 in order to widen Gaol Road.

The advertisements in the background are for Tinkler's grocers and Oveltine.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1890s
Gate-house, Stafford Gaol,
Gate-house, Stafford Gaol,

The gate-house stood on Gaol Road and contained the reception ward and a room for ...

1920s
Roof view from Stafford Gaol Tower
Roof view from Stafford Gaol Tower

Family living in one of Stafford Gaol's three towers. The towers were built in ...

1950s
The Towers, Stafford Gaol,
The Towers, Stafford Gaol,

A tower was built at each corner of the gaol in the mid-nineteenth century to provide ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:P87.111.0148 (18/687)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.