Bore Street looking towards the Guildhall, Lichfield

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1937 - 1947 (c.)

Description:The Old Crown Hotel can be seen on the left hand side of the street, with Edgar's Studio on the right. The Crown Hotel was demolished in 1983 and in 2003 the site was occupied by Dolland and Aitchinson Opticians.

Five Gables, the row of timber-framed buildings on the left, are seen here in their original state. In the 1960s the bottom floor was cut away to form an arcaded walkway.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1870s
Engraving of St. Mary's Church and Market Square, Lichfield
Engraving of St. Mary's Church and Market Square, Lichfield

The present church of St. Mary's dates from the late 19th century, having replaced ...

1900s
Goats Head Tavern, Breadmarket Street, Lichfield
Goats Head Tavern, Breadmarket Street, Lichfield

The Goats Head Tavern closed in 1970 and was demolished. In 2003 the site was occupied ...

1910s
Armistice Day Parade, Lichfield
Armistice Day Parade, Lichfield

This Parade was held to celebrate the end of World War One. Colonel Swinfen-Broun ...

1970s
Sheriff's Ride, Breadmarket Street, Lichfield
Sheriff's Ride, Breadmarket Street, Lichfield

The history of the Sherriff's Ride dates back to 1553 when Queen Mary granted Lichfield ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:002.243 (39/6751)

Source: @St Mary's Lichfield

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.