City Museum & Art Gallery, Bethesda Street, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.


Description:The City Museum & Art Gallery was officially opened by Alderman Horace Barks on the 13th October 1956. Built on the site of the Bell Pottery works, this image shows the area before additions were made to the building in the early 1980’s.
On the corner of Broad Street and George Street, now called Warner Street, is the Bell public house. In the top left of the picture is the old water rates office, Bethesda Chapel, Bethesda Sunday school and the Victoria Hall. These buildings stand today outside the main entrance to The Potteries Museum and Art Gallery.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:(5/6651)

Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.