Uttoxeter Station

Date:1950

Description:Dove Bank Station was the original Churnet Valley station at Uttoxeter. Trains from Stoke-on-Trent to Derby called at the company’s Bridge Street station. To save passengers the inconvenience of travelling between Dove Bank and Bridge Street, exchange platforms were built by the company where the Churnet Valley line met up with the main Stoke-Derby line. Therefore, Uttoxeter originally had three stations; Churnet Valley Junction, Dove Bank and Bridge Street. Appreciating the operating limitations created by the missing link between Dove Bank and Bridge Street, a third of a mile extension was laid – the missing link effectively creating a Uttoxeter triangle, within which was Uttoxeter shed – designated 5D.

This film also features in the documentary; “The Knotty – the story of the North Staffordshire Railway”, produced by Ray Johnson.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:Archive tape reference: M260 (26/6076)

Source: Staffordshire Film Archive

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.