Castle Mills and Tamworth Castle

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1880 - 1885 (c.)

Description:The Castle Mills can be seen on the right hand side of this photograph. The mills consisted of three corn mills and a fulling mill, and were demolished in 1920. The top of the castle can be seen in the background.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1700s
Textile Mill and Castle Mills, Tamworth
Textile Mill and Castle Mills, Tamworth

A watercolour scene showing Tamworth Castle, St Editha's Church, the Castle Mill, ...

1800s
Tamworth Castle and Mill
Tamworth Castle and Mill

A small oil painting showing the mill at Tamworth, on the right hand side, with ...

1880s
Holloway Lodge, Tamworth Castle
Holloway Lodge, Tamworth Castle

Holloway Lodge seen as it was originally built by the 2nd Marquess of Townshend ...

1900s
Castle Lodge, Holloway, Tamworth
Castle Lodge, Holloway, Tamworth

A winter scene with Holloway Lodge on the left of the photograph and Lady Bridge ...

1950s
Aerial view of Tamworth Castle
Aerial view of Tamworth Castle

An aerial view of Tamworth Castle with the Castle grounds in the foreground. The ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:[2199] (29/5936)

Source: Tamworth Castle Museum

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.