Old Drill Hall, Corporation Street, Tamworth

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1974

Description:The Drill Hall was built in 1911 and was opened on 20th December 1911 by the Lord Lieutenant of the County, the Earl of Darmouth. The Hall was used by the Tamworth North Staffs Territorial Army for drill practice.

In 2003 the Drill Hall was called the Philip Dix Centre, and was used for CAB offices, meetings and exhibitions.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1900s
Tamworth Industrial Co-Operative Society produce display, Assembly rooms, Tamworth
Tamworth Industrial Co-Operative Society produce display, Assembly rooms, Tamworth

1920s
Electricity Exhibition, Assembly rooms, Tamworth
Electricity Exhibition, Assembly rooms, Tamworth

The machine being demonstrated here is the Braiding Machine, presumably then in ...

1950s
Smith's Florist Van, Corporation Street, Tamworth
Smith's Florist Van, Corporation Street, Tamworth

Smith's florist van of Erdington, with signwork and paint work done by Mr Caleb ...

1960s
Aerial view of Tamworth
Aerial view of Tamworth

An aerial view of Tamworth showing the Castle in the foreground, and the confluence ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:[340] (29/5775)

Source: Tamworth Castle Museum

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.