Tamworth Baptist Church, Church Street, Tamworth

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1974

Description:Tamworth Baptist Church standing at the junction of Church Street and Lower Gungate. The building was originally a theatre, but became a chapel in about 1821.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1890s
Swimming team, MacGregor Baths, Church Street, Tamworth
Swimming team, MacGregor Baths, Church Street, Tamworth

Included in the Tamworth Amateur Swimming Team are T.W. Salt, A. Large, J. Cliff, ...

1920s
View of Church Street, Tamworth
View of Church Street, Tamworth

The Paregoric shop can be seen on the left of this postcard. The Paregoric Shop ...

1950s
Tamworth Industrial Co-operative Society, Colehill, Tamworth
Tamworth Industrial Co-operative Society, Colehill, Tamworth

The windows of the Co-op are decorated for the 1951 Festival of Britain. The Co-op ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:[201] (29/5761)

Source: Tamworth Castle Museum

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.