View of Church Street, Tamworth

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1920 - 1929 (c.)

Description:The Paregoric shop can be seen on the left of this postcard. The Paregoric Shop was given its name after a patent medicine containing opium. On the right hand side of this photograph can be seen part of the Deanery (Verger's House), with St. Editha's and its church yard, further along.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1890s
Swimming team, MacGregor Baths, Church Street, Tamworth
Swimming team, MacGregor Baths, Church Street, Tamworth

Included in the Tamworth Amateur Swimming Team are T.W. Salt, A. Large, J. Cliff, ...

1920s
St. Editha's Church, Tamworth
St. Editha's Church, Tamworth

St. Editha's church dates back to Saxon times, over 1200 years ago, when Tamworth ...

1950s
College Lane, Tamworth
College Lane, Tamworth

1960s
Medieval timber framed building, Church Street, Tamworth
Medieval timber framed building, Church Street, Tamworth

The Medieval timber frame of No 44 Church street can be seen on this photograph. ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:[7821] (29/5698)

Source: Tamworth Castle Museum

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.