Wheeldon's, Market Street, Tamworth

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1920 - 1941 (c.)

Description:Mrs Emma Wheeldon (owner/tenant) outside her shop that sold toys and general household items (paraffin, soaps, ironmongery). Mrs E. Wheeldon is seen with her three daughters, second left being Miss Olive Wheeldon, third Mrs Margaret Haywood, and fourth Mrs Annie Wright.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1820s
An engraving of the Town Hall
An engraving of the Town Hall

The Town Hall was built in 1700-1701, and was paid for by Thomas Guy, the MP for ...

1890s
Chatterton, Market Street, Tamworth
Chatterton, Market Street, Tamworth

As the sign above the shop says, John Chatterton was the owner of this shop and ...

1910s
Procession in Market Street, Tamworth
Procession in Market Street, Tamworth

Judging by all the Union Jack flags, this is probably a Coronation Procession for ...

1930s
Goostrys, 24 Market Street, Tamworth
Goostrys, 24 Market Street, Tamworth

A view of the interior of Goostrys mensware shop. The counter under the window contained ...

1970s
Coleman Brothers, No 6 Market Street, Tamworth
Coleman Brothers, No 6 Market Street, Tamworth

Coleman Brothers was an Ironmongers, which had been trading since at least the 1930s....

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:[7786] (29/5690)

Source: Tamworth Castle Museum

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.