Aerial view of Tamworth

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.


Description:An aerial view of Tamworth showing the Castle in the foreground, and the confluence of the rivers Tame and Anker. At this time Ladybridge was still the main route for road traffic across the river, and the blocks of flats are partly built: Harcourt House, Stanhope House and Peel House are nearly completed; Strode House has yet to be begun.


The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

Corporation Street, Tamworth
Corporation Street, Tamworth

The Carnegie Library built in 1905 is seen on the left, with the Assembly Rooms ...

Smith's Florist Van, Corporation Street, Tamworth
Smith's Florist Van, Corporation Street, Tamworth

Smith's florist van of Erdington, with signwork and paint work done by Mr Caleb ...

Old Drill Hall, Corporation Street, Tamworth
Old Drill Hall, Corporation Street, Tamworth

The Drill Hall was built in 1911 and was opened on 20th December 1911 by the Lord ...

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:[2750] (29/5538)

Source: Tamworth Castle Museum

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.