A view of Church Street, Tamworth

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1900 - 1930 (c.)

Description:A view of the eastern end of Church Street. On the right can be seen one of Tamworth's oldest pub, The Stone Cross. The new Co-op is on the left, built in 1896, with the Paregoric shop further down the road on the left hand side.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1890s
Swimming team, MacGregor Baths, Church Street, Tamworth
Swimming team, MacGregor Baths, Church Street, Tamworth

Included in the Tamworth Amateur Swimming Team are T.W. Salt, A. Large, J. Cliff, ...

1920s
St. Editha's Church, Tamworth
St. Editha's Church, Tamworth

St. Editha's church dates back to Saxon times, over 1200 years ago, when Tamworth ...

1950s
College Lane, Tamworth
College Lane, Tamworth

1970s
Tamworth Baptist Church, Church Street, Tamworth
Tamworth Baptist Church, Church Street, Tamworth

Tamworth Baptist Church standing at the junction of Church Street and Lower Gungate. ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:[2583] (29/5531)

Source: Tamworth Castle Museum

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.