The Village, Consall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1960

Description:The name Consall means 'Cuna's (from the Danish for king) hall'. The village was a former township in the ancient parish of Cheddleton and since the 13th century was part of the estate owned by the Draycott family. In 1866 the village became a separate civil parish. Just outside the village are Consall Old Hall, built in the 17th century, and Consall New Hall, built in 1810. There is a small chapel along the road to Consall New Hall, which was built for the local miners

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: F. Frith & Co. Ltd. - Creator

Donor ref:FF43 (28/5437)

Source: Leek Library

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.