Abbey Farm, Abbey Green, Leekfrith

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1895

Description:The farm is known to date back to 1614, and it was possibly built even earlier than this. The original timber-framed structure, built on a sandstone foundation on the site of Dieulacres Abbey remains largely unchanged although the farm has undergone some renovation work over the years. It was originally the home of Thomas Rudyerd, lord of Leek manor, and was later occupied by several of his descendants. In 1673 the house and estate were known as Abbey Dieulacres, and by 1871 the name had changed again to Dieulacres Abbey Farm. Today the farm is known simply as Abbey Farm.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr W.E. Mackaness - Creator

Donor ref:Unaccessioned (28/5366)

Source: Leek Library

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.