Albion Street Mill, Leek

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1950 - 1960 (c.)

Description:Built c1829, the mills along Albion Street are three storey buildings with sixteen bays. Prior to the construction of the mills, workers' cottages were built in both Albion and King Street to accommodate families who made their livings working from home. This mill was owned by A.J. Ward & Co. at the time this picture was taken. The Austin Westminster in the photograph belonged to Sam Bradshaw, who was the Managing Director of the company.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:LP-2-19e (28/5235)

Source: Leek Library

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.