All Saints Church, Compton, Leek

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1920 - 1930 (c.)

Description:The foundation stone was laid by Mrs Cruso in 1885, who also presented the church with a set of Victorian silver for the altar. The church was designed by architect Norman Shaw and is mainly in the Perpendicular style. James Heath & Co. of Leek were the builders. Inside, some of the main decorative features are the stained glass windows by the William Morris Company, a series of wall paintings around the High Altar, mainly by Gerald Horsley, and examples of the work of the Leek Embroidery Society.
The church celebrated its centenary in 1987.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:LP-2-18k (28/5229)

Source: Leek Library

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.