The Nicholson Institute and Greystones, Stockwell Street, Leek

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1915 - 1930 (c.)

Description:This view of the present day tea rooms and Library was captured in Market Street. Today the cobbles have gone from Stockwell Street but they remain along the short 'drive' from the street to the entrance of the Institute. The Nicholson Institute was completed in 1884, built on land which once belonged to Joshua Nicholson, the then owner of Greystones. Inside the Institute was a library, reading room, art gallery, a small museum and the Leek School of Art.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:LP-2-14a (28/5207)

Source: Leek Library

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.