War Memorial , Market Square, Uttoxeter

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1945 - 1950 (c.)

Description:Behind the Memorial are the White Horse Hotel, Pratt's Art Shop, a W.H. Smith and Son van and a Stevenson's bus. The Memorial was carved by Robert Bridgman & Sons of Lichfield, and was unveiled in 1928 by Colonel Ratcliffe, a leading commander of the North Staffordshire Regiment during WWI.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1900s
Bank House, Uttoxeter.
Bank House, Uttoxeter.

In the eighteenth century the building was established as the town's first bank ...

1920s
Miners on strike, Uttoxeter
Miners on strike, Uttoxeter

Striking miners pictured in P.G. Brisbourne's yard after chopping wood. The men ...

1950s
Army Cadets on parade, Market Place, Uttoxeter
Army Cadets on parade, Market Place, Uttoxeter

Army Cadets on parade through Uttoxeter town centre on Coronation Day, 2nd June ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:Unaccessioned (1/50)

Source: Uttoxeter Heritage Centre

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.