Foundation stone laying of the Burton Town Museum

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:30th of October 1913

Description:Among those pictured at the stone laying ceremony in Guild Street are T. Metcalfe (Mayor), Councillor Thornley, Councillor G .Tarver, Alderman Morris, Councillor Austin, (Chairman), Miss E. Lowe, and Alderman T. E. Lowe.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1870s
Guild Street , Burton, during the Flood, October 1875
Guild Street , Burton, during the Flood, October 1875

Taken from Union Street looking at the junction of Station Street with Guild Street. ...

1900s
Philanthropic Society of Journeymen Coopers procession, Burton-on-Trent
Philanthropic Society of Journeymen Coopers procession, Burton-on-Trent

A horse-drawn lorry, belonging to James Eadie & Co., heads the procession, on which ...

1950s
Station Street, Burton-on-Trent
Station Street, Burton-on-Trent

Looking down Station Street towards High Street, with the Midland Hotel on the corner....

1980s
Station Street, Burton-on-Trent
Station Street, Burton-on-Trent

View of shops on Station Street including Prontaprint and A. Philips & Co., with ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:86.2492.00 (27/4962)

Source: National Brewery Centre, Burton upon Trent

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.