Cricketers at Bass Meadows, Burton-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1924

Description:Bass Meadows was so called because Bass owned the land in the area, using it to provide sporting facilities for their employees. This photograph of 55 men and a dog includes John Baker, who worked in Electric Cooperage, fourth row from the front, on the left.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1860s
Burton Cricket Team
Burton Cricket Team

Portrait of the players in their whites stood outside the club house.

1920s
Bass Cricket Team, Burton-on-Trent
Bass Cricket Team, Burton-on-Trent

Bass Cricket team with a cup. On the back row left to right are: J. Butcher (Bag ...

1960s
Bass Football Team, Bass Meadows, Burton-on-Trent
Bass Football Team, Bass Meadows, Burton-on-Trent

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:86.1674.01 (27/4815)

Source: National Brewery Centre, Burton upon Trent

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.