The old smithy, Coppenhall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1906 - 1907 (c.)

Description:A large group of people and horses with a house and smithy in the background. The smithy was sited on the west side of Hyde Lea Bank, between Coppenhall and Hyde Lea. The blacksmith at the time was George Fletcher. The smithy was probably first occupied by William Symcox in the 1840s. The smithy closed when George Fletcher retired in the early 1950s.

Photographer: Harry Osbourne of Woodseaves.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:P91.002.0078 (18/45975)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.