Library staff, Stafford Library & Museum

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1920 - 1925 (c.)

Description:Library staff in the first floor Reference Room in Stafford Library and Museum at The Green. Third from left is Thomas Jackson who was Librarian and Curator between 1892 and 1927. The Reference Room also featured some of the Stafford Museum collections, including cases of texidermy as seen here. This room, on the Lichfield Road side of the building, was later the Art Gallery.

Stafford's library was housed in the Borough Hall until 1914. The new library building on The Green was begun in 1913, with funds from the Carnegie Trust and was formally opened in 1914. The building also housed the Wragge Museum collections, later to become Stafford Museum and Art Gallery. The library occupied this site until 1999, when it moved to the rear of the Shire Hall on Market Square.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Record Office

Donor ref:7673-1 Library & Bird Cases 1920s (201/45244)

Source: Staffordshire County Record Office

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.