Aircraft hanger, RAF Hednesford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1939 - 1945 (c.)

Description:The Hednesford site on Cannock Chase was a training establishment for Royal Air Force and Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm tradesmen, named No. 6 School of Technical Training. It did not have runways but a few aircraft were known to have landed on the sports field. The old planes in the hangar may have been for instructional on airframes, engines, electrical systems, etc. The biplanes are thought to be an Avro 504K of World War 1 vintage (but having similar rigging to some of the then current Fleet Air Arm aircraft) and a Gloucester Gladiator then in current usage.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:RAF Hednesford 13 (6/45137)

Source: Mr John Godwin

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.