Beehive corner, Hednesford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1925 - 1940 (c.)

Description:Looking from the rail station road bridge towards Green Heath Road (West Hill). On the left can be seen the Beehive Stores at the time C. J. Taylor was proprietor. Cecil John Taylor had managed the store for Wighams from the first decade of the century but by 1925 he was leasing it from them. Wighams sold the store and their other shops in Lichfield and Rugeley in 1929 when it is presumed Mr. Taylor purchased the Hednesford branch. Marston’s shoe shop is on the opposite corner.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:Hednesford 29 (6/45107)

Source: Mr John Godwin

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.