Bee Hive corner, Hednesford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1890 - 1907 (c.)

Description:This well known local landmark was situated on the corner of Cannock Road and Green Heath Road (West Hill) until its closure in the 1960s. It was owned by Harris, Horton & Heath at the time of this photograph which places it before about 1906 when Wighams purchased the business. Edwin Harris was applying for a licence to sell alcohol by 1873 stating that his premises was near the railway station at Hednesford, so it is possible he was operating from this shop then. He later went into partnership with Horton & Heath. Subsequently and up until the time of closure it was owned by Cecil J. Taylor, and after his death it was run by widow and finally his daughters Rhoda and Mildred.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:Hednesford 28 (6/45106)

Source: Mr John Godwin

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.