Woodroffe & Co., Albion Ironworks, Rugeley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1890 - 1900 (c.)

Description:Woodroffe & Co were agricultural engineers at the Albion Ironworks which stood on Mill Lane by the Trent and Meresy Canal in Rugeley. Agricultural machinery was already being manufactured at the Albion Ironworks under the management of David Woodruffe when Woodruffe & Co. was founded in 1888. The company was purchased by Albert Perkins & Co. of Lichfield in 1903 and traded as Perkins & Woodruffe in Lichfield from 1905 until 1920.

Workers are seen here with horse-drawn mowers, chaff cutters and other barn machinery.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:Rugeley 14 (6/45063)

Source: Mr John Godwin

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.