High Street, Eccleshall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1900 - 1910 (c.)

Description:A busy scene looking west along High Street from the crossroads in Eccleshall.

The timber framed building on the right is the Market Hall (built in 1884) which replaced the Old Market Hall and was constructed to the same design. Later used as a reading room, and briefly rented by the British Legion, the hall is now (May 2021) an off licence, but is still referred to as the Market Hall by locals. The next building along is the Town Hall, demolished in 1938. On the left in the distance the sign of the Crown Inn can just be seen.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1900s
F.H. Burgess, agricultural engineers, Eccleshall
F.H. Burgess, agricultural engineers, Eccleshall

A name plate from an agricultural implement made or supplied by Frederick H. Burgess, ...

1930s
Burgess' ironmonger's shop, Stafford Street, Eccleshall
Burgess' ironmonger's shop, Stafford Street, Eccleshall

F.H. Burgess's first shop in Eccleshall, which opened in 1900 on Stafford Street. ...

1940s
Frederick H. Burgess Ltd., Eccleshall
Frederick H. Burgess Ltd., Eccleshall

Staff at Frederick H. Burgess Ltd's agricultural implement dealers, Stafford Street, ...

1980s
High Street, Eccleshall
High Street, Eccleshall

This picture was taken looking along the north side of the High Street in Eccleshall. ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr Pat Trevor

Donor ref:PT-099 (194/45058)

Source: Mr Pat Trevor

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.