Gardening class, Clifton Campville

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1935

Description:Boys from Clifton School busy gardening, with rows of what look like kale and cabbages. In the background, to the right is the spire of St. Andrew’s Church.

St. Andrew's Church of England Primary School was believed to have originally been built as a barn between 1780 and 1795 but became a National School in the early-mid 19th century. A new school building was built in 1960 and the old school became the Village Hall, with the old school house a private residence.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mrs Chris Pedley

Donor ref:Gardeners-1935 (55/43903)

Source: Miscellaneous Collection

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.