Bull Bridge, Penkridge

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1904

Description:A postcard view of Bull Bridge, which was built around 1796 and widened in 1822. In 1963 the road was further widened and the bridge was reconstructed. It is believed to be named after a nearby place name 'Bold'. The bridge carries the A449 Stafford Road over the River Penk.

This postcard was published by ‘The Wrench Series’ and printed in Saxony. It was franked in Penkridge during December 1904 and sent to an address in Tring, Hertfordshire.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: The Arthur Lloyd Collection

Donor ref:A_Lloyd-450aa (232/43386)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.