Quickfit and Quartz stand, Festival of Britain, Stone

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:13th of August 1951 - 14th of August 1951 (c.)

Description:Quickfit and Quartz stand in the Trades and Industry Exhibition held on Westbridge Park as part of the Festival of Britain events held in Stone.

Quickfit and Quartz, makers of scientific and industrial glassware, began in 1934 as a subsidiary of the Triplex safety Glass Co. at Kings Norton, Birmingham. They moved to Stone in 1946 and greatly expanded their Mill Street factory in 1951. In 1958 they were taken over by James A. Jobling of Sunderland and moved to a new factory on Tilling Drive in Walton in 1963. In 1973 Quickfit joined the Corning company, which in turn became J Bibby Scientific Products in 1982.

Reproduced by Kind Permission of the Staffordshire Newsletter who retain copyright.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Staffordshire Newsletter - Creator

Donor ref:D4527-C1-NG-0075 (201/43134)

Source: Staffordshire County Record Office

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.