Albert Landon, Landon’s Fish & Chip Shop, Longton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1953

Description:Albert Landon (1904-1987) and his wife Prudence ran the fish and chip shop at 1, Uttoxeter Road, Longton and lived there with their two sons, Alan and Peter.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1930s
Allerton’s Pottery, Uttoxeter Rd, Longton
Allerton’s Pottery, Uttoxeter Rd, Longton

Allerton’s Pottery was founded in 1859 and was part of the Cauldon Pottery Group ...

1950s
Advertisement for Frank Flint, Wine and Spirit Merchant, Victoria Buildings, Longton
Advertisement for Frank Flint, Wine and Spirit Merchant, Victoria Buildings, Longton

Frank Flint was a wine and spirit merchant with a secure store at the rear of the ...

1990s
Uttoxeter Road, Longton
Uttoxeter Road, Longton

Shops on Uttoxeter Road opposite the Union Hotel in Longton.

2010s
Handcuff Alley, Longton
Handcuff Alley, Longton

This unnamed cobbled alleyway links Market Street to Sutherland Road in Longton. ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr Peter Landon

Donor ref:A2 Albert Landon in Chip Shop 1953 (236/42762)

Source: Mr Peter Landon

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.