Bore Street, Lichfield

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1920 - 1930 (c.)

Description:The title on this postcard ‘Old houses in Blore Street, Lichfield’ is incorrect. This view was taken in Bore Street, Lichfield.
Second from the right is Lichfield House which was built in 1510 and is a fine example of a Tudor timber-framed building. During the Civil War it was used by both the Royalists and Roundheads as a prison. In 2003 Lichfield House was known as the Tudor Cafe and chocolate shop and in later years as The Tudor.

Third from the right is Donegal House which was built by the Earl of Donegal in 1730.

Fourth from the right is the Guildhall which was rebuilt in the 19th century, but has medieval cellars underneath it. Here the front of the Guildhall is seen with the carved heads of King George V and Queen Mary which were erected on the facade in 1910.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: The Arthur Lloyd Collection

Donor ref:A_Lloyd-371aa (232/42756)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.