Lichfield Museum and Free Library

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1900 - 1910 (c.)

Description:Built in the Italianate style, this building originally housed Lichfield's Museum and Library and was opened in 1859. In 1958 the Museum was moved into the former probate court adjoining the north side of the Library building. The Museum closed in 1970 and the collections went into storage. The Library closed in in 1990. In 2003 the building became the Lichfield Registry Office, currently (August 2020) known as the Lichfield Registration Office.

This postcard was published by Valentine’s.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: The Arthur Lloyd Collection

Donor ref:A_Lloyd-353aa (232/42693)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.