Madeley Road Station, Madeley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:10th of May 1964

Description:This is the closed station at Madeley Road. This view looks east towards the West Coast Main Line. The station, on the line from Stoke-on-Trent to Market Drayton, was opened by the North Staffordshire Railway in October 1870. It was originally named Madeley but altered to Madeley Manor during May 1871, only to be renamed a few months later in August as Madeley Road. It was closed by the London Midland & Scottish Railway with effect from 20 July 1931.

Related themes:

Stations Signal Boxes Railways
View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Michael Fell - Creator

Image courtesy of: Mr Michael Fell

Donor ref:M18. 10.5.1964 (55/42406)

Source: Miscellaneous Collection

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.