Acton Trussell Church

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1905 - 1910 (c.)

Description:A postcard view of St. James Church which was originally built in 1212. The tower dates from the late 13th century and the small recessed spire was added in 1562. It was enlarged and rebuilt in 1869 under the direction of G.E. Street, the architect being Andrew Capper. The main additions were a combined vestry and organ chamber on the north side and a new south porch. The church was re-opened after restoration in 1870 having been closed for 44 years.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: The Arthur Lloyd Collection

Donor ref:A Lloyd-212a (232/40803)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.