The Heywood Memorial, Denstone

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1906

Description:A postcard view taken in Denstone with the Heywood Memorial on the left and the building on College Road to the right is thought to be The Tavern public house. The Heywood Memorial is a sandstone memorial which was set up in memory of Sir Thomas Percival Heywood and his wife by his friends and Denstone villagers in 1900. Sir Thomas was the son of a Manchester banker and lived at Doveleys, just outside Denstone. He was a great benefactor to the village and built the church, vicarage and school, as well as donating the site for Denstone College.

This postcard was published by W Shaw, Burslem. It was franked on 10 September 1906 and sent to an address in Chester.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: The Arthur Lloyd Collection

Donor ref:A Lloyd-191a (232/40715)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.