Blithfield Reservoir

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1955 - 1960 (c.)

Description:The causeway carrying the B5013 across Blithfield Reservoir.

Blithfield is the largest reservoir in Staffordshire, being 2 miles (3.2km) long, covering an area of 790 acres (320 hectares) with a maximum depth of 47 feet (14.3 metres). It was built by the South Staffordshire Water Works Company and officially opened on 27 of October 1953 by Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother. Yachting is permitted on the southern half of the reservoir.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:BurtonLib_027 (187/40455)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.