Bailey's Stores, Mill Street, Cannock

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:September 1963

Description:Bailey's grocery store with Roden's butchers next door. The buildings in this photograph were demolished in 1966 and the site now occupied by Tudor Employment. The white building on the right the other side of Price Street was the Black Horse which is now (2020) Silks the Club, previously Snoopy's.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1900s
Cottages in Mill Street, Cannock
Cottages in Mill Street, Cannock

Numbers 74 and 76 Mill Street, Cannock. These cottages were demolished in 1933.

1920s
Mill Street, Cannock
Mill Street, Cannock

Mill Street, Cannock looking south. The terraced cottages on the left and the walls ...

1950s
Mill Street, Cannock
Mill Street, Cannock

A man in wearing a shopkeeper's white apron walking down Mill Street, Cannock.

1970s
Bath Villas, Mill Street, Cannock
Bath Villas, Mill Street, Cannock

Next to the motorcycle accessory shop on the corner can be seen Bath Villas, built ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr David Battersby

Donor ref:Cannock Library old cannock slides BB56 (52/40246)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.