Post Office, High Green, Cannock

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1950 - 1955 (c.)

Description:On the left is the Post Office, to the right is the Danilo Cinema. The Danilo opened in 1939 and closed as a cinema in 1969. It was briefly a bingo club, but was demolished in 1970 and replaced by the Danilo Court retail development.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1900s
Market Place and HIgh Green, Cannock
Market Place and HIgh Green, Cannock

A view looking from Market Place along High Green. Behind the signpost can be seen ...

1920s
Linford's shop, High Green, Cannock
Linford's shop, High Green, Cannock

This former farmhouse was, at the time of this photograph, Linford's ironmonger's ...

1960s
Mobile News Stand, High Green, Cannock
Mobile News Stand, High Green, Cannock

A woman buying a newspaper from an Express and Star mobile news stand pictured at ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr David Battersby

Donor ref:Cannock Library old cannock slides BB24 (52/40155)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.