Post Office, High Green, Cannock

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1910 - 1920 (c.)

Description:The old post office dated from 1908. To its left is New Hall (built 1890). This building was once a Sunday School, followed by a gymnasium and in later years a working men's club known locally as Skinners, because most of the members were skint (penniless).
The Post Office is now a public house called The Park, while the New Hall sells material and soft furnishings.

Related themes:

Postal Services Post Offices
View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr A.D. Orton (Snr) - Creator

Donor ref:92.0004.00027 (21/3971)

Source: Museum of Cannock Chase

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.