Design Centre, Lotus Ltd., Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1974

Description:John Morris at his desk in the Design Centre at Lotus Ltd.'s shoe factory on Sandon Road, Stafford. John moved from the Stone factory when it closed to work in the company's Design Centre. He was later in charge of the Technical Office at Stafford.

Lotus was originally named Bostock's and was founded in the eighteenth century by Thomas Bostock, a cobbler. His three sons started their own factories in Stafford, Stone and Northampton.

Edwin Bostock's original Stafford factory was on Foregate Street. The building was destroyed by fire in 1901, but was rebuilt on Sandon Road in 1903.

In 1919 the three factories amalgamated to become Lotus. The Sandon Road factory was demolished in 1998.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr John Morris

Donor ref:(55/39462)

Source: Miscellaneous Collection

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.