Interior of St. James' Parish Church, Norton Canes

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1910

Description:A church has stood on this site for at least 900 years. The church was destroyed by fire in the 17th century and also in 1888, the tower being the only part to survive.

Thomas Johnson had extended the church in 1832, to accommodate a growing population, but these and later alterations were destroyed in the fire of 1888.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr A.D. Orton (Snr) - Creator

Donor ref:92.0004.00008 (21/3926)

Source: Museum of Cannock Chase

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.