Bridge Street, Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:June 2018

Description:The Picture House, opened as a cinema in 1914 and closed in 1995. It was converted into a Wetherspoon's pub and restaurant. To the left of the Picture House can be seen the 'Boppin' Dolphin' Fish and Chip shop, whilst on the far left can be seen part of the 'Subway' sandwich shop. 'Silvers', on the far right, was part of a chain of gaming establishments.

The fish and chip shop used to be 'The Paragon' sweet shop owned by the Griffiths family who also owned the picture house.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Ben Cunliffe - Creator

Donor ref:BEC-13 (231/39127)

Source: Mr Ben E Cunliffe

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.