Nash's Wheelwrights, Acton Trussell

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1901 - 1904 (c.)

Description:Nash's wheelwright's workshop in Lower Penkridge Road, adjacent to Nash Cottage. The older man seated is probably wheelwright Ephraim Nash (1826-1904) and the two younger men may be his sons William (born 1865, a wheelwright) and Harvey (born 1873, blacksmith and wheelwright), who carried on the business after their father's death. The workshop buildings were demolished in about 1974 to be replaced with new houses.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr Bryan Downes

Donor ref:File0049B (55/38802)

Source: Miscellaneous Collection

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.