Great Haywood Village

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1900 - 1910 (c.)

Description:This view of Great Haywood was taken from outside the Clifford Arms public house looking south. On the left is a part view of the Post Office and the next building has a sign above the door ‘J. Leaver’ who was a manufacturer of collars, saddles, harness and millband.

In later years the Post Office relocated and the building became a private house, J Leaver’s premises and the adjoining property were demolished along with most of the cottages on the right, with the exception of the part view of the cottage on the extreme right which still stands (October 2018).

This postcard scene was published by Pascoe and son, Brook Square, Rugeley.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1900s
The Clifford Arms, Great Haywood
The Clifford Arms, Great Haywood

The Clifford Arms was once the sixteenth century gatehouse to Haywood Hall. A yard ...

1930s
The Square, Great Haywood
The Square, Great Haywood

This view is looking west to The Square, Great Haywood. On the right is the Clifford ...

1950s
The Square, Great Haywood
The Square, Great Haywood

This postcard view is looking north-east from Trent Lane to the Square and Main ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Miss Dorothy Roberts - Contributor

Donor ref:BM-DR-96 (192/38006)

Source: Mr Bob Metcalfe

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.