The Pool, Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1915 - 1922 (c.)

Description:View from the footbridge looking towards the Moat House and King Edward VI Grammar School on Newport Road.

Until 1957 the Town Mill stood near this site; the mill wheels are still preserved in the park. In the foreground are the sluice gates, which were part of the Borough Council's flood control plans for the town.

Postcard published by Valentine & Sons Ltd., Dundee and London.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:04_082r (225/37643)

Source: Mr Jake Whitehouse

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.