Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1917 - 1918 (c.)

Description:This is an inside view of one of the main wards which were roughly the length of three standards huts joined together. At one end was the main corridor that linked all the main wards and principal rooms, and at the other an office for the ward sister and sluice rooms. Each of the twelve wards had the capacity for fifty beds whilst the Isolation Hospital catered for fewer. The primary treatments the hospital delivered were for shell-shock and for those affected by poisonous gas. Some of the soldiers are sitting in their beds whilst others are standing in their hospital "blues" uniforms.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:12_125r (222/37330)

Source: Mr Jake Whitehouse

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.