Brindley Heath Hospital, Cannock Chase

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1917 - 1918 (c.)

Description:The twelve main Wards of the Hospital were connected at the rear by a long corridor that allowed patients and staff to access and exit without having to be exposed to inclement weather. The two soldiers in the photograph are wearing their "hospital blues" which identified them as convalescing troops. The Hospital at Brindley specialized in treating shell-shock victims and those who had been exposed to poisonous gas.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:12_124r (222/37329)

Source: Mr Jake Whitehouse

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.