Church Parade, Rugeley Camp, Cannock Chase

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1915 - 1917 (c.)

Description:Church Parades were an important part of life within the Camps. Every Sunday or on special occasions there would have been services. Most denominations were catered for by the provision of meeting rooms with separate areas for indoor services. Each parade was normally accompanied by a brass band and these were provided by the various Regiments that were stationed there. On this photograph they are on the Parade Ground and the large building to the left is the Regimental Institute. The open fronted building on the right is a vehicle shed. The Regimental Hut was the largest of the huts on each Battalion Line and included a Corporals' Room, Supper Room, Games and Recreational Room and two Bars.

There is no reference to indicate where this photograph was taken and therefore it could be on any one of the 20 Battalion Lines.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:12_037r (222/37242)

Source: Mr Jake Whitehouse

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.