Brereton village

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1902 - 1911 (c.)

Description:A postcard view of Main Road, Brereton looking south-east towards Lichfield. On the right is the Church of England school building which replaced an earlier school on the same site It was opened in 1891 by the Vicar of Brereton, Rev E.Sampson in memory of his father. For most of its life it was a girls only school; the boys school was in Redbook Lane. The building still stands and was a community centre from 1975 until conversion into apartments in the first decade of the 21st Century. On the left are the 'old' Castle Inn and Post Office, demolished around 1971 for road widening.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:07_107r (221/37160)

Source: Mr Jake Whitehouse

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.