High Street, Eccleshall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1960 - 1970 (c.)

Description:A postcard view looking west along High Street from the crossroads. The timber framed building on the right is the Market Hall (built in 1884) which replaced the Old Market Hall and was constructed to the same design. Later used as a reading room, and briefly rented by the British Legion, the hall is now an off licence, but is still referred to as the Market Hall by locals. Further along is Eccleshall Garage.

On the left the sign and portico of the Crown Inn can just be seen, with a painted advertisement for Joules' Stone Ales on the wall.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1900s
High Street, Eccleshall
High Street, Eccleshall

An early postcard view looking west along High Street from the crossroads. The ...

1920s
Market Hall, Eccleshall
Market Hall, Eccleshall

A postcard view of High Street, Eccleshall. This timber framed building is the ...

1940s
High Street, Eccleshall
High Street, Eccleshall

View taken looking west from the Castle Street and Stafford Street crossroads. The ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:11_114r (220/36997)

Source: Mr Jake Whitehouse

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.